Wonder Woman is the name designated to Diana, Princess of Themyscira. She was conceived by Hippolyta as the first born child in a tribe of Amazon women endowed with immortality by the Gods of Olympus. She is a founding member of the Justice League, has held the role of various gods (Goddess of Truth, God of War, etc), served as ambassador of Themyscira to the United States, and worked as a federal agent under the name Diana Prince.
Wonder Woman has several items that have become closely associated with her: a Lasso of Truth, which compels those bound by it to tell the truth; indestructible bracelets that can repel most projectiles; a tiara and earrings, each of which have sometimes been used to aid in various tasks; and and invisible flying craft, usually fashioned as a jet of some sort.
Upon her birth, she was gifted powers by the gods: Demeter, great strength; Athena, wisdom and courage; Artemis, a hunter's heart and a communion with animals; Aprhodite, beauty and a loving heart; Hestia, sisterhood with fire; and Hermes, speed and the power of flight. Diana grew up surrounded by a legion of sisters and mothers. When she was a young woman, the gods decreed that the Amazons must send an emissary into Man's World. Queen Hippolyta ordered a contest to be held, but forbade Diana from participating. Diana disobeyed and did so anyway in disguise, easily winning the contest and being named the Amazon's champion. She was given a uniform fashioned from the standard of someone who had visited the island a few decades earlier.
- Strength: Diana's godlike strength has allowed her to easily overpower beings, including Superman. She has temporarily incapacate Superman with a kick, easily overpower Supergirl who has been stated by Batman to possibly have superior strength to Superman. She has even gone toe to toe with Doomsday. Her most impressive feat was pulling someone out of a black hole, which was thought impossible as nothing can escape from a black hole. Without her bracelets, her strength increases to the point where she easily overpowered Super Doom.
- Durability: Though bullets and knives can pierce her skin, they are usually not life-threatening to her. Diana can take blows from a opponent with moderate injury. She has survived in the core of the sun, being unscathed by a blow from a bloodlusted Superman, surviving against Ares in his own realm, and resisted a blast equivalent to 10 supernovas, only to continue fighting. She later has stated that only godlike weapons can actually hurt her.
- Stamina and Endurance: Wonder Woman can last an infinite deal of time in any fight and with virtually anyone. She has held her own in combat with foes as powerful as Doomsday.
- Healing: Like the Earth, Diana is constantly renewing herself, allowing her to quickly heal mild to moderate injuries at an amazing rate. Her normal regenerative abilities allow her to recover from injury within seconds to minutes. She possesses an incredible immunity from poisons, toxins, as well as disease.
- Empathy: Diana can often detects others' emotions, and is now so fully immune to Doctor Psycho's illusions that she usually is not even aware of what illusions he is attempting to project.
Covers prominently featuring Superman (or other members of the Superfamily) and Wonder Woman, primarily.
- see also: Superman ⁄ Wonder Woman