Superman finds himself compelled to gather souvenirs from outer space and bring them to a time capsule being set up outside of the Metropolis Museum. Unable to figure out what force is posessing him, Superman is powerless. Lois Lane figures out the mystery first, though. Each trophy he brings back is from a planet whose first letter forms a letter in Superman's name. Saturn, Uranus, Pluto, Earth, Rhea, Ariel, Neptune.
Once his task is completed, it's telepathically revealed to Superman that the people of the 50th Century are responsible, as they wanted souvenirs of Superman's adventures for their time. They sent the mental commands back through time, powered by Kryptonite radiation.
Unaware of his compulsion, Clark's coworkers at the Daily Planet think that Superman collected the trophies out of conceitedness. Clark is unable to defend Superman's reputation.
Items gathered by Superman
- Musical Mineral, from Saturn.
- Fossil of a Six-Legged Horse, from Uranus.
- Giant Snowflakes from Pluto
- Gold Flying Saucer, used by the 6-inch tall people of Atlantis on Earth
- Knotted Tree, from Rhea, a moon of Saturn
- Rainbow Flower, from Ariel, a moon of Uranus
- Stone Superman, a likeness carved from an Asteroid, from Neptune