What follows is a list of guidelines that should be followed when creating articles. If there are questions, feel free to post them on the talk page.
- This wiki does not cover fan fiction, fan art or other fan productions. Please see w:c:supermanfanfic
- All articles should relate to Superman. For example, an article about the Joker should include information directly related to his dealings with and appearances in Superman stories.
- Superman story arcs appearing in multiple issues should be covered in an article named for the story arc. Our aim is not to include what other comic book databases have done. Covering the story in one article makes for a more interesting read and is far less confusing for readers clicking around trying to find the next part of the story.
- Exceptions include single issues that were not part of a story arc, and notable issues.
- When a single issue appears as part of story arc, the issue should redirect to the story arc. For example Action Comics 873 redirects to New Krypton (comic storyline).
- If an article is copied over from Wikipedia, all redlinks of irrelevance to this wiki should be removed.
- The community at Wikia's Smallville Wiki have created an excellent database of information about the Smallville TV series. Rather than duplicating their work, references to episodes and original characters from the series should link to entries using this code: [[w:c:smallville:Justice|Justice]]
- Superman Wiki uses limited template boxes. A lot of wikis use these to present statistical information about a subject, but they have a tendency to overcrowd the article. In most cases, a lot of the fields are unnecessary or impossible to complete leading to guesses or a lot of "unknown" entries.
- Categories are a tool for navigating the wiki. They should be used minimally to help readers find content. For example, Lois Lane is a character in the Superman franchise, and her categories should reflect that. So, the article would be categorized in Category:Comic Book Characters and Category:Movie Characters. It doesn't make much sense to create categories for Reporters, Wives of Superman, Characters with Black Hair, Characters Whose Initials are LL, etc. Those work better as articles in the lists category. For example, LL instead of an awkwardly named category; or Superman as a father instead of Children of Superman.
- It's not necessary to detail a character's power set in extensive detail. We're not an RPG guide book for stats, so superpower abilities should be descriptive (and brief) as they directly relate to the character.
Contributors who refuse to adhere to these guidelines may be uninvited from collaborating on this project, especially if they ignore messages left in an attempt to communicate.
- For general wiki help, see Help:Contents.