Every wiki has their own commitment to how thoroughly a topic is covered. Superman Wiki is dedicated to covering all things related to Superman: comics, TV, movies, toys, records, collectibles, you name it. In areas where Superman is directly involved and referenced, our intention is to provide full coverage. Some material involves Superman peripherally, or as a minor character, in which case our coverage may not be so in-depth.
- Superman story arcs appearing in multiple issues should be covered in an article named for the story arc. Our aim is not to include what other comic book databases have done. Covering the story in one article makes for a more interesting read and is far less confusing for readers clicking around trying to find the next part of the story.
- Exceptions include single issues that were not part of a story arc, and notable issues.
- When a single issue appears as part of story arc, the issue should redirect to the story arc. For example Action Comics 873 redirects to New Krypton (comic storyline).
- It's not necessary to detail a character's power set in extensive detail. We're not an RPG guide book for stats, so superpower abilities should be descriptive (and brief) as they directly relate to the character. If this is your jam, you may want to check out w:c:vsbattles
- With the exception of Smallville (see sub-bullet), full coverage of TV series starring Superman includes pages for every episode, cast members and guest stars, the TV versions of main characters, and other tie-ins.
- The community at Wikia's Smallville Wiki have created an excellent database of information about the Smallville TV series. Rather than duplicating their work, references to episodes and original characters from the series should link to entries using this code: [[w:c:smallville:Justice|Justice]]
- TV shows that have featured Superman as a guest character don't require full coverage. For example, Superman appeared in some episodes of Batman: The Brave and the Bold. It's not necessary to have separate episode pages, or an article for that version of Superman, when everything can be covered on the Batman: The Brave and the Bold page.
- Full coverage of Superman movies includes separate pages for characters, cast, and crew.
- Superman Wiki doesn't require a page for every movie released in the series of DC Animated Movies that don't feature him as the main character, or pages for the version of the character appearing in each movie. Other wikis do a fine job of covering those movies with detailed synopses of all aspects of the story. For our purposes, a brief summary of Superman's involvement (with links to other resources) is sufficient.
- When possible, attempt to group together similar items of merchandise. For example, we probably don't need separate pages for every Lego set featuring Superman. Each release should be covered on a single page for Lego.