Secret Keepers in this case refers to friends and allies of Superman to whom he has entrusted the secret of his true identity.
Superman often feels comfortable revealing his true identity to his fellow superheroes. Among those who know are:
- The Justice League of America: As Superman works very closely with this team, most members have known of his secret.
Superman very rarely reveals his identity to non-superpowered humans, even to his closest friends. There have been some exceptions to this rule, and some have found out on their own.
- Chloe Sullivan discovered his secret in the television series Smallville, and has since become a sidekick of sorts.
- Lana Lang knew his secret by the time he left for Metropolis. In many versions of the mythos, he revealed it to her while they were going out.
- Pete Ross was Clark's first confidant and secret-keeper in the TV series Smallville. In the modern age comics, he didn't find out until much later.
- Superman revealed his secret to Lois Lane when he proposed marriage to her.
- President John F. Kennedy befriended Superman, who revealed his secret identity to him. This occurred in the Silver-Age Comics.