Tornado Tyrant and Tornado Champion background Edit
These two tornado entities originated from the planet Rann in the Earth-One universe. This being, originally one entity, confronted Rann's adopted champion, Adam Strange, and was defeated. Following that defeat, the being contemplated the nature of good and evil and decided that good was the superior force. The good side called itself the Tornado Champion; the evil side, the Tornado Tyrant. Confronting the Tyrant, the Tornado Champion was easily defeated. Disheartened, the Tornado Champion lured the Tyrant to Earth, where the Tyrant was defeated by the real JLA. The Tornado Champion decided that there was little satisfaction in being an imitation, and journeyed to Earth-Two in an attempt to find a new identity.
The Tornado Champion came upon the criminal T. O. Morrow, who was creating an android with which to infiltrate and defeat the Justice Society of America. The Tornado Champion decided to assume control of the robotic form. The merging had an unexpected side effect, however: the Tornado Champion's memory was erased. Red Tornado then seemed to be a new life-form.
Family members Edit
Traya (adoptive daughter)
Powers and abilities Edit
Aerokinesis: Red Tornado's true form was a powerful entity composed purely of violent wind forces. His android form channeled these forces through his arms and legs to produce bursts of cyclone-force winds and high speed forward velocity. An F5 tornado has winds of about 315 mph. His cyclone-force winds can be projected at over 350 mph.
- Air Blasts: Can project his whirlwinds at over 350mph from each arm. His winds are said to level a building in seconds.
- Flight: By channeling these cyclone-force winds through the lower part of his body, he can fly at incredible speeds or hover in one place.
- Super Speed: As a tornado he can achieve great speeds.
- Invisibility: On occasion, Red Tornado used his high-velocity movement to render himself invisible to unaided human vision.
- Deflection: Also is able to deflect approaching objects with ease.
- Force Field: able to circulate the high force winds around himself or an extended area to protect himself and/or others from attacks and flying debris.
- Tornado Creation: can create tornados and twisters with destructive winds.
- Resurrection: After death, RT's soul is able to return to his robot shell within 24 hours as long as his body is able to function.
Android Body: Red Tornado may have an extremely resilient body, but it is in no way invulnerable. He has been broken many times before, and can no doubt be broken again. In addition he must undergo extensive repair should a part of him be broken, and as an android he must regenerate and restore his power.
Reprogramming: Red Tornado is susceptible to being mechanically reprogrammed as well as controlled. Numerous times he has been altered in order to destroy the JSA or the JLA.