L.L. are the initials for many Superman characters who, for the most part, have tended to be his adversaries, love interests, or relatives.
Especially in Silver Age comics, it is a continuing trend to name characters with these initials.
Some such characters are:
- Linda Lee, Supergirl's secret identity.
- Linda Lang, another secret identity used by Supergirl.
- Lana Lang, Superman's first girlfriend.
- Lois Lane, Superman's main love interest.
- Lucy Lane, Lois' sister.
- Alexander "Lex" Luthor, Superman's frequent foe.
- Lena Luthor, Lex Luthor's sister.
- Lena Luthor II, Lex Luthor's daughter.
- Lori Luthor, Lex's niece.
- Lionel Luthor, Lex's father on Smallville.
- Lachlan Luthor, Lex's grandfather on Smallville.
- Lutessa Lena Luthor, Lex's half-sister in Smallville.
- Lenny Luthor, Lex's nephew in Superman IV.
- Lucas Luthor, Lex's half-brother on Smallville.
- Lori Lemaris, Superman's college sweetheart.
- Lenora Lemaris, Lori's sister.
- Lyla Lerrol, Superman's love affair on Krypton.
- Letitia Lerner, Superman's babysitter.
- Lara Lor-Van, Superman's biological mother.
- Luma Lynai, one of several characters to have used the name Superwoman.
- Linda Lake, a reporter on Smallville.
- Lesla Lar, a Silver Age foe of Supergirl.
- Liri Lee, member of the Linear Men (uses the pseudonym Liesel Largo).
- Lyrica Lloyd, from Superman #196 (May 1967)
- Lola-La, a member of a Neandertholic people on a remote undiscovered island (with dinosaurs) whom an amnesiac Superman nearly married.
- Lupé Leocadio, a Metropolis police officer.
- Leslie Luckabee, posed as Lex Luthor's son in Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.
- Lisa Lasalle, Superman's love interest in Superman: Earth One Volume 2
- Leonore Lemmon was the fiancée of actor George Reeves.
In Smallville, Chloe Sullivan, who has a long-time crush on Clark, sometimes jokes about how Clark is only attracted to people with the initials LL, referring to Lana Lang and Lois Lane, and possibly Lex Luthor when they were still friends.