Kevin Smith is a writer for Marvel Comics and DC Comics. He is more widely recognized however as a comedy movie director, who has helmed such films as Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and Jersey Girl.
- Kevin Smith's un-produced movie Superman Lives was intended to include a monster called a "Thanagarian Snare Beast" which resembled an Earth spider. The monster was created to satisfy the demands of producer Jon Peters, who insisted that Superman battle a giant spider. Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc. asked Smith to change it's name so they don't refer to it as a spider.. He came up with the title "Superman Lives", believing it to be better than Superman Reborn. The confirmed details of Smith's script can be seen in detail at the article entry on Kevin Smith Wiki. Smith threw out the idea of getting Tim Burton to direct. Ironically this would cause Smith to be booted from the project after Burton was actually hired, as Burton strongly disliked his script. For years after this Kevin Smith would delight audiences by telling humorous anecdotes lampooning many involved with this failed project..
- Kevin Smith appeared in an animated cameo in Superman: Doomsday, where he comments about the Superman clone busting up a mechanical spider, calling it lame.
- Kevin Smith an episode of the Supergirl (TV) series titled 'Supergirl Lives'. The episode featured references to the movie such as Thanagarian Snare Beast. The episode also featured his daughter Harley Quinn Smith.
- Provided the voice of Hal Jordan in The Green Loontern.
- ↑ http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/man-steel-prequel-comic-book-reveals-origin-spoiler-easter-eggs |title=Man of Steel Prequel Comic Book Reveals Origin of Spoiler & Easter Eggs}
- ↑ https://www.comicbookmovie.com/superman/man-of-steel-tie-in-comic-book-references-thanagar-a79820}