| Lois & Clark:|
The New Adventures of Superman
|Season 3, Episode 1|
|Air date||September 17, 1995|
|Written by||John McNamara|
|Directed by||Philip Sgriccia|
| ← previous|
And the Answer Is...
| next →|
As Lois and Clark try to come to terms with Lois's discovery of his secret, Bill Church's attempts to go straight are hampered by his new wife and his son.
As Lois reveals to Clark that she knows his secret identity after he proposes to her, Bill Church tries to reform his ways by dismantling Intergang. However, his son and his new wife scheme against him. Meanwhile Lois struggles with the knowledge that Clark and Superman are the same person and their relationship begins to sour. Eventually Clark's parents come to the rescue with Jonathan encouraging Clark to be patient, telling him how he was turned down by Martha the first two times he proposed to her and that he worked out his frustration by plowing a field each time. Unfortunately it was the middle of winter so Jonathan admits he looked pretty silly plowing entire fields of snow. He then tells Clark that he eventually came to realize that Martha was scared and needed time to think about it and figure out if her love for Jonathan was a lifetime kind of love. At the same time, Martha has gone to visit Lois and tells Lois about how Clark has always been isolated and alone because of his abilities and that Clark has always been desperate to try to fit in with the real world even though he never really has. She tells Lois to tell Clark how she feels about him and to make Clark do the same. She then tells Lois that she turned Jonathan down four times before she accepted his marriage proposal and they share a laugh over Jonathan's habit of snow-plowing each time he was turned down. Martha and Lois then embrace after Martha tells Lois that she's the first woman Martha could ever really talk to about her son.
After defusing a bomb at a local party held by the Churches, Clark takes Lois up above the clouds and promises to wait for her to make up her mind as long as it takes and Lois tells Clark he is no longer alone.
- Dean Cain as Clark Kent/Superman
- Teri Hatcher as Lois Lane
- Lane Smith as Perry White
- Justin Whalin as Jimmy Olsen
- K Callan as Martha Kent
- Eddie Jones as Jonathan Kent
- Peter Boyle as Bill Church
- Bruce Campbell as Bill Church, Jr.
- Sal Viscuso as Bobby Bigmouth
- Jessica Collins as Mindy Church
- David Sederholm as the man in black
- Starting with this episode, the episode titles appear onscreen.
- This is the last episode to feature Bill Church and his son.
- Batman's base of operations is mentioned in this episode when Clark says, "A little louder, I don't think they heard you in Gotham City."