Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Adventures of Superman|
|Season 1, Episode 1|
|Air date||September 19, 1952|
|Written by||Richard Fielding, Whitney Ellsworth (earlier drafts)|
|Directed by||Thomas Carr|
| ← previous|| next →|
The Haunted Lighthouse
Baby Superman arrives on Earth, grows up and uses his powers to benefit humankind.
- George Reeves as Superman / Clark Kent
- Phyllis Coates as Lois Lane
- John Hamilton as Perry White
- Jack Larson as Jimmy Olsen
- Herbert Rawlinson as Rozan
- Stuart Randall as Gogan
- Aline Towne as Lara
- Frances Morris as Sarah Kent
- Dani Nolan as Miss Bachrach
- Tom Fadden as Eben Kent
- Robert Rockwell as Jor-El
- Joel Nestler as Teenaged Clark Kent
- Sam Flint as Doctor
- Dabbs Greer as Man saved from dirigible fall
- Stuart Holmes as Kryptonian Council Member
- Jack Narz as Narrator
- Actor Ross Elliott is listed first among the episodic players, but does not appear in the actual episode. According to copies of the actual call sheets, Elliott was originally cast as Jor-El but replaced by Robert Rockwell, and the end credits reflected the call sheets rather than the final episode. This error occurred in several other first season episodes.
- The episode's opening narration, describing Krypton and naming the Council's meeting place as "the Temple of Wisdom," is taken almost word for word from the first radio episode, "The Baby from Krypton," by radio writer George Ludlam (February 12, 1940). The radio episode was also the first appearance in any media of Jor-El (spelled "Jor-L" in the script), Rozan, and the Krypton Council (Action Comics #1 only acknowledges that the planet exploded and that Superman's father was a "scientist.")